Podcasts distributed by Apple Podcasts are now available on Alexa-enabled Amazon devices anywhere in the United States.
The news will allow listeners of EPIC News Network’s growing student-produced podcasts to access the programs on their smart devices. The EPIC News Network has produced hours of content during the Fall 2019 semester. The top podcasts include Chalk Talk, LGBT in Our Community and lOKally Grown.
Before you can play the podcasts through your Amazon devices, users need to enable the Apple Podcast skill on their Alexa device or app by following these directions:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app, then tap the menu button in the upper-left corner.
- Tap Skills & Games and search for the Apple Podcasts skill.
- Tap Enable to Use.
You can also enable the Apple Podcast skill in the Alexa skill store on the web. Once this is enabled you can ask your smart device to play any of the EPIC News Network’s podcasts using the following commands:
- “Alexa, play [podcast title] on Apple Podcasts”
- “Alexa, play [podcast title] from yesterday on Apple Podcasts”
- “Alexa, skip ahead 30 seconds”
- “Alexa, play the previous episode”